Balis Elephant Parks And Safaris Guide.
Om Swastiastu! My name is Denis, and I’m here to show you the top sites in Bali!
Today, I will discuss some of the best places to see elephants in Bali. While elephants are not native to Bali, there are many places where you can see them, feed them, get up close to them and even ride them. Visiting an elephant park is a unique experience that lets you safely interact with these gentle giants in an environment designed to simulate their natural habitat. Because there are so many elephant parks and safaris on the island of Bali, you want to be sure that the ones you visit are worth your time and money. So let us look at what you can expect when visiting an elephant park in Bali.
What you get when visiting an elephant safari park can vary quite a lot between parks.
Here are some of the most recommended options for an elephant tour in Bali and what they have to offer:
- Mason Elephant Park
- This park includes treetop walkways where you can observe the elephants in their free roaming areas. Activities include hand feeding, washing and bathing the elephants, elephant rides and an exclusive night safari trek with dinner included. The park is approximately 40km (70 minutes by vehicle) north from Denpasar.
- Bali Safari Park
- This massive park features over 100 animal species. The Elephant Back Safari package allows you to get up close and personal with the elephants with a ride around an African-themed bushveld. The park is approximately 25km north-east of Denpasar and will take about 35 minutes by vehicle.
- Bali Zoo
- The zoo offers a number of fun and educational elephant encounters. The Elephant Mud Fun package allows you to experience the elephant’s bathing habits as well as washing and feeding them. The Elephant Expedition tour allows you to enjoy a unique elephant ride in Bali exploring the jungle tropics. The zoo is approximately 15km north-east of Denpasar (approximately 25 minutes by vehicle).
- Bali Elephant Ride
- One of the most popular safari tours for an elephant ride in Ubud, this Bali elephant tour will let you explore the natural beauty of the region from high up. The tour, which includes lunch, will take you around the various rice paddies, villages and jungles of Ubud. Tour offices are located in Denpasar, just 10 minutes (5 km) south of the city centre.
All these parks and safaris feature options for riding elephants in Bali, as well as other close encounters with the animals.
- What are the best Bali parks to ride elephants?
We recommend Mason Elephant Park, Bali Safari Park, Bali Zoo and Bali Elephant Ride as the best places to experience riding elephants.
- What are the average Bali elephant park entrance fees?
General admission to parks is usually between IDR 300,000 and 400,000, although elephant tour packages can be valued at IDR 1,200,000. To find exact prices check on the individual park website.
- How much time do I need to make a Bali elephant park tour?
It is best to book tours at least a few days in advance. Allow yourself a day to enjoy the tour to its fullest.